Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Goodbye Gun Cabinet!

 BEFORE

Transformation of a Gun Cabinet.

Anyone that really knows me will know of my absolute hate of guns and anything associated. So, transforming this gun cabinet into a pretty china hutch is a natural for me.
Follow its rebirth over the next few weeks .........


One week later and this is what the ex - gun cabinet now looks like!




Dismantled, primed, painted and new shelves.

Why is it that I have a difficult time letting go of some pieces and find myself , in my mind , rearranging to see if I could possibly fit just one more piece of furniture into my already stuffed full home :(





   AFTER



Finally completed transformation!

This piece was given one coat of primer and two coats of chalk paint . The antique effect was achieved by brushing on a coat of sepia glaze and then wiping off with a damp cloth .

I just loved this piece but had no where to house it so it just had to go.

$125.00     SOLD

I listed it locally and within 30 minutes it had been sold to a lovely young couple who had just moved into a new home .


No comments:

Post a Comment