Monday, September 30, 2013

Door repurposing.

So , this vintage pantry door started its journey with my husband and I  in Ogden , Utah strapped to the top of our vehicle . It has travelled from Utah to Idaho, Wyoming , Montana and then its final resting place here in Southwest Utah.
My poor husband is so so patient with my obsessive collecting of the old and unusual.
" What are you going to do with this and where are you going to put it ?" he asks . I know what he is thinking but I don't always know what I will do with a piece until I get it home and look at it closely.




However, I had a pretty good idea what this was going to be from the moment I set eyes on it.
I set my husband to work to remove all the doors furniture so that I could concentrate on the transformation.
I was pretty sure that I wanted the green undercoat  to show through  the distressed areas .
Painted my areas of distressing with green and then gave it a top coat of blue, distressed and then glazed with a sepia glaze.
Door furniture was stripped to reveal its brass and returned to the door in various different positions.


It now has pride of place in my master bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment